Food for Thought: How do I know if my website is generating traffic?
By logging into your UltraStats account, you can view detailed statistic reports that show you exactly how much traffic you've generated every day. You can also see if your website is generating any repeat visitors, and how long these visitors are staying on your website for. It is also possible to see how much traffic your site has generated within a specific date range, instructions are below:
1. Login to your Online Office
2. Under the Statistics menu, click on UltraStats
3. Click on your Portal link to open your UltraStats account
4. By default, the sessions graph is displayed. (located under the Traffic drop down in the reports section)
5. From the Traffic menu within the Reports section, click on Pageviews Graph.
6. Use the Date Range calendar below the Reports section to generate a report based on the date range you select.
a. Each month is a link, if you want to access reports from previous months, click on the month you want
b. The arrows beside each week are also links, and when clicked, will automatically select that week as a date range.
c. The arrows on either side of ‘2009' are also links, and allow you to generate reports from previous years.
d. Click Enter Range if you'd like to generate a very specific date range. Click Apply Date Range to view the statistic chart.
It's good to know if your website is generating repeat visitors. A high number of repeat visitors indicate that your website is offering these visitors valuable information on what they are looking for, repeat visitors usually result in captured leads.
1. While in your UltraStats account, click on Visitors and Sessions from the Reports section.
2. Use the Visitors by Day, Sessions by Day, Unique Visitors, and Unique sessions reports to see how many online visitors have repeatedly accessed your website as apposed to first time visits. Click on Summary for 'at a glance' statistics.
Have a Great Week!
Riana Back Education Specialist